Neck Circle Stretch
The Neck Circle Stretch is a simple exercise that involves rotating the neck in a circular motion to improve flexibility and relieve tension in the neck and shoulders. It can be done while sitting or standing and is a great way to warm up before a workout or to relax after a long day.
Neck Circle Stretch Instructions
- Stand or sit with your back straight and shoulders relaxed.
- Slowly tilt your head to the right, bringing your ear towards your shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, feeling the stretch in the left side of your neck.
- Slowly bring your head back to center.
- Repeat the stretch on the left side, tilting your head to the left and holding for 10-15 seconds.
- Bring your head back to center and slowly roll your head forward, chin to chest.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, feeling the stretch in the back of your neck.
- Slowly roll your head back, looking up towards the ceiling.
- Hold the stretch for 10-15 seconds, feeling the stretch in the front of your neck.
- Bring your head back to center and repeat the sequence as desired.
Neck Circle Stretch Form & Visual
Neck Circle Stretch Benefits
- Relieves tension and stiffness in the neck muscles
- Improves range of motion in the neck
- Reduces headaches and neck pain
- Increases blood flow to the neck and head
- Can be done anywhere, anytime, without equipment
Neck Circle Stretch Muscles Worked
- Neck muscles
- Trapezius muscles
- Levator scapulae muscles
- Sternocleidomastoid muscles