Mixed Grip Chin Up
Mixed Grip Chin Up Instructions
- Find a chin-up bar that is sturdy and can support your weight.
- Stand underneath the bar and reach up to grab it with one hand facing towards you and the other hand facing away from you.
- Hang from the bar with your arms fully extended and your feet off the ground.
- Engage your core and pull yourself up towards the bar, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Continue pulling until your chin is above the bar.
- Slowly lower yourself back down to the starting position with control.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Switch the position of your hands and repeat the exercise.
Mixed Grip Chin Up Form & Visual
Mixed Grip Chin Up Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the back, biceps, and shoulders
- Improves grip strength
- Increases upper body strength and endurance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the number of reps or using assistance bands
- Requires minimal equipment and can be done at home or in a gym
Mixed Grip Chin Up Muscles Worked
- Biceps brachii
- Latissimus dorsi
- Posterior deltoids