Lying Floor Hyperextension
This exercise involves lying face down on the floor and lifting the upper body and legs off the ground simultaneously, engaging the lower back muscles. It is a low-impact exercise that can help improve posture and strengthen the lower back.
Lying Floor Hyperextension Instructions
- Start by lying face down on the floor with your arms extended in front of you.
- Engage your glutes and lower back muscles to lift your legs and upper body off the ground.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, making sure to keep your neck in a neutral position.
- Slowly lower your legs and upper body back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Lying Floor Hyperextension Form & Visual
Lying Floor Hyperextension Benefits
- Strengthens lower back muscles
- Improves posture
- Reduces risk of lower back pain and injury
- Engages glutes and hamstrings for added strength and stability
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
Lying Floor Hyperextension Muscles Worked
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus Maximus