Lower Back Curl
This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. You then lift your hips off the ground, engaging your lower back muscles, and hold for a few seconds before lowering back down. This exercise helps to strengthen and tone the lower back muscles.
Lower Back Curl Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head, with your elbows pointing out to the sides.
- Engage your core muscles and lift your head, shoulders, and upper back off the ground.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then slowly lower your upper body back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Lower Back Curl Form & Visual
Lower Back Curl Benefits
- Strengthens the lower back muscles
- Improves posture and spinal alignment
- Reduces lower back pain and discomfort
- Increases flexibility and range of motion in the lower back
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a variety of settings
Lower Back Curl Muscles Worked
- Erector Spinae
- Gluteus Maximus