Cable Rear Pulldown
Cable Rear Pulldown Instructions
- Adjust the weight on the cable machine to a comfortable level.
- Stand facing the machine and grasp the cable bar with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Step back a few feet from the machine, keeping your arms extended in front of you.
- Engage your shoulder blades and pull the bar down towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Slowly release the bar back up to the starting position, keeping your arms extended.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Cable Rear Pulldown Form & Visual
Cable Rear Pulldown Benefits
- Targets the muscles of the upper back, specifically the latissimus dorsi
- Improves posture and spinal alignment
- Increases upper body strength and endurance
- Can be modified to target different areas of the back and shoulders
- Provides a low-impact exercise option for those with joint pain or injuries
Cable Rear Pulldown Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Erector spinae
- Posterior deltoids
Cable Rear Pulldown Variations & Alternatives
- Wide-grip Cable Rear Pulldown
- Narrow-grip Cable Rear Pulldown
- Reverse-grip Cable Rear Pulldown
- Single-arm Cable Rear Pulldown
- Seated Cable Rear Pulldown