Jumping Pull Up
This exercise involves jumping up to grab a pull-up bar and then pulling your body up towards the bar until your chin is above the bar. It is a combination of a jump and a pull-up, and it helps to build upper body strength and improve overall fitness.
Jumping Pull Up Instructions
- Stand underneath a pull-up bar with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Jump up and grab the bar with an overhand grip, hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Hang from the bar with your arms fully extended and your feet off the ground.
- Engage your core and pull your shoulder blades down and back.
- Exhale and pull your body up towards the bar, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Once your chin is above the bar, pause for a moment.
- Inhale and slowly lower your body back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Jumping Pull Up Form & Visual
Jumping Pull Up Benefits
- Improves upper body strength
- Increases cardiovascular endurance
- Targets multiple muscle groups including back, arms, and shoulders
- Improves coordination and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Jumping Pull Up Muscles Worked
- Latissimus dorsi
- Calf muscles
Jumping Pull Up Variations & Alternatives
- Assisted Jumping Pull up
- Weighted Jumping Pull up
- Explosive Jumping Pull up
- One-Arm Jumping Pull up
- Wide Grip Jumping Pull up
- Close Grip Jumping Pull up
- Commando Jumping Pull up
- Kipping Jumping Pull up
- Butterfly Jumping Pull up