This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. You then lift your hips up towards the ceiling while keeping your core engaged and alternate lifting one foot off the ground at a time, as if marching in place. This targets the glute muscles and helps improve hip stability and strength.
Glute March Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Engage your core and lift your hips up towards the ceiling, creating a bridge position.
- While maintaining the bridge position, lift one foot off the ground and bring your knee towards your chest.
- Lower your foot back down to the ground and repeat with the other leg.
- Continue alternating legs for the desired number of repetitions.
Glute March Form & Visual
Glute March Benefits
- Strengthens the glute muscles
- Improves hip stability
- Helps prevent lower back pain
- Can improve athletic performance in activities such as running and jumping
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a small space
Glute March Muscles Worked
- Gluteus maximus
- Core muscles