Finger Curls Instructions
- Start by sitting on a bench or chair with your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand with your palm facing up and your elbow resting on your thigh.
- Curl your fingers around the dumbbell, squeezing it tightly.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-15 reps on each hand.
- Switch hands and repeat the exercise.
Finger Curls Form & Visual
Finger Curls Benefits
- Strengthens the muscles in the fingers, hands, and forearms
- Improves grip strength and dexterity
- Helps prevent injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome and tennis elbow
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a variety of settings
- May improve performance in activities that require hand and grip strength, such as rock climbing or weightlifting
Finger Curls Muscles Worked
- Forearm flexors
Finger Curls Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Finger Curls
- Plate Pinches
- Wrist Curls
- Farmer’s Walk
- Dead Hang