Figure Run Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Take a big step forward with your right foot and lower your body into a lunge position, keeping your back straight and your left heel lifted off the ground.
- As you lower your body, swing your left arm forward and your right arm back, as if you were running.
- Push off your right foot and bring your left foot forward, swinging your right arm forward and your left arm back.
- Repeat this motion, alternating legs and arms, for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Figure Run Form & Visual
Figure Run Benefits
- Strengthens lower back muscles
- Improves posture
- Increases flexibility in the hips and lower back
- Helps prevent lower back pain and injury
- Can be done at home without equipment
Figure Run Muscles Worked
- Calf muscles
- Erector spinae
Figure Run Variations & Alternatives
- Figure skater run
- Figure skater lunge
- Figure skater jump
- Figure skater spin
- Figure skater squat