T Drill Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold the t-drill in your right hand with your arm extended straight out in front of you.
- Step forward with your left foot and simultaneously twist your torso to the left.
- Bring the t-drill down and across your body to your left hip.
- Step back with your left foot and simultaneously twist your torso to the right.
- Bring the t-drill up and across your body to your right shoulder.
- Repeat steps 3-6 for 10-15 repetitions on each side.
T Drill Form & Visual
T Drill Benefits
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases flexibility in the hips and spine
- Engages the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back muscles
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
- Improves posture
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
T Drill Muscles Worked
T Drill Variations & Alternatives
- lateral t-drill
- forward-backward t-drill
- zig-zag t-drill
- single-leg t-drill
- partner-resistance t-drill