Ez Bar Standing Overhead Press
This exercise involves standing with an EZ bar and pressing it overhead. It primarily targets the shoulders, but also engages the triceps and upper back muscles. It can be performed with varying weights and repetitions to increase strength and muscle endurance.
Ez Bar Standing Overhead Press Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Grasp the EZ bar with an overhand grip, with your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lift the bar up to shoulder height, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Press the bar up overhead, extending your arms fully.
- Lower the bar back down to shoulder height, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Ez Bar Standing Overhead Press Form & Visual
Ez Bar Standing Overhead Press Benefits
- Targets the shoulders, triceps, and upper back muscles
- Improves shoulder stability and mobility
- Helps to build upper body strength and muscle mass
- Can be modified to target different areas of the shoulders
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional overhead presses
- Less strain on the wrists and elbows compared to straight bar overhead presses
Ez Bar Standing Overhead Press Muscles Worked
- Deltoids (shoulders)
- Trapezius (upper back)
- Rotator cuff muscles
Ez Bar Standing Overhead Press Variations & Alternatives
- EZ Bar Seated Overhead Press
- Dumbbell Standing Overhead Press
- Dumbbell Seated Overhead Press
- Barbell Standing Overhead Press
- Barbell Seated Overhead Press
- Kettlebell Standing Overhead Press
- Kettlebell Seated Overhead Press
- Single Arm Dumbbell Overhead Press
- Single Arm Kettlebell Overhead Press
- Push Press