EZ Bar Standing French Press
This exercise involves using an EZ bar to perform a standing French press, which targets the triceps muscles. The movement involves extending the arms overhead and then lowering the weight behind the head, before returning to the starting position.
EZ Bar Standing French Press Instructions
- Grab an EZ bar and load it with an appropriate weight.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the EZ bar with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Bring the bar up to shoulder height, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Extend your arms straight up, keeping your elbows in place.
- Bend your elbows and lower the bar behind your head, keeping your upper arms stationary.
- Pause briefly, then extend your arms back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
EZ Bar Standing French Press Form & Visual
EZ Bar Standing French Press Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles for increased strength and definition
- Improves overall upper body strength and stability
- Can be performed with relatively light weights, reducing risk of injury
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and balance
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels and goals
EZ Bar Standing French Press Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
EZ Bar Standing French Press Variations & Alternatives
- EZ bar lying French press
- Dumbbell standing French press
- Close-grip bench press
- Skull crushers
- Overhead tricep extension