Cable Reverse Grip Pushdown
Cable Reverse Grip Pushdown Instructions
- Attach a straight bar to the cable machine at the highest setting.
- Stand facing the machine and grasp the bar with an underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Keep your elbows close to your sides and your upper arms stationary.
- Exhale and push the bar down towards your thighs, contracting your triceps.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the movement.
- Inhale and slowly return the bar to the starting position, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- Repeat for desired number of repetitions.
Cable Reverse Grip Pushdown Form & Visual
Cable Reverse Grip Pushdown Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, specifically the lateral head
- Helps to improve overall arm strength and definition
- Can be easily modified to target different areas of the triceps by adjusting grip and cable attachment height
- Isolation exercise that minimizes involvement of other muscle groups
- Can be performed with relatively light weights, making it a good option for beginners or those with joint pain
Cable Reverse Grip Pushdown Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
- Forearm extensors
Cable Reverse Grip Pushdown Variations & Alternatives
- Cable Overhead Tricep Extension
- Cable Tricep Pushdown
- Cable Rope Overhead Tricep Extension
- Cable Rope Tricep Pushdown
- Cable V-Bar Pushdown