Cable Incline Pushdown
Cable Incline Pushdown Instructions
- Attach a cable to a high pulley and select the desired weight.
- Stand facing the cable machine with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Grasp the cable attachment with an overhand grip and extend your arms straight overhead.
- Keeping your elbows close to your head, slowly lower the cable attachment behind your head until your forearms are parallel to the ground.
- Pause briefly, then contract your triceps to push the cable attachment back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Incline Pushdown Form & Visual
Cable Incline Pushdown Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to build strength and size in the arms
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional triceps exercises
- Engages the chest and shoulders as secondary muscles, providing a full upper body workout
- Can be easily adjusted to accommodate different fitness levels and goals
- Helps to improve overall upper body stability and balance
Cable Incline Pushdown Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
- Pectoralis major (clavicular head)
- Deltoid (anterior fibers)
Cable Incline Pushdown Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Grip Cable Incline Pushdown
- Single Arm Cable Incline Pushdown
- Close Grip Cable Incline Pushdown
- Wide Grip Cable Incline Pushdown
- Standing Cable Incline Pushdown