Elevated Single Leg Squat
Elevated Single Leg Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Place your left foot on a raised surface, such as a step or bench, with your toes pointing forward.
- Shift your weight onto your left foot and lift your right foot off the ground.
- Bend your left knee and lower your body down towards the ground, keeping your right foot lifted.
- Lower your body as far as you can while maintaining good form and balance.
- Push through your left heel to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions before switching to the other leg.
Elevated Single Leg Squat Form & Visual
Elevated Single Leg Squat Benefits
- Improves balance and stability
- Strengthens the quadriceps, glutes, and core muscles
- Increases hip mobility and flexibility
- Challenges the body in a functional movement pattern
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty
Elevated Single Leg Squat Muscles Worked
Elevated Single Leg Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Single Leg Squat
- Bulgarian Split Squat
- Pistol Squat