Barbell Sumo Deadlift
Barbell Sumo Deadlift Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing outwards.
- Place the barbell on the ground in front of you and position your feet so that they are directly under the bar.
- Bend down and grip the bar with your hands shoulder-width apart and your palms facing down.
- Engage your core and lift the bar off the ground by straightening your legs and pushing your hips forward.
- As you lift the bar, keep your back straight and your chest up.
- Once you have lifted the bar to a standing position, pause for a moment and then slowly lower it back down to the ground.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Sumo Deadlift Form & Visual
Barbell Sumo Deadlift Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including the glutes, hamstrings, quads, lower back, and core
- Improves overall strength and power
- Increases hip mobility and flexibility
- Can help improve posture and reduce lower back pain
- Allows for heavier weight to be lifted compared to traditional deadlifts
- Variations can be made to target specific muscle groups or accommodate for injuries
Barbell Sumo Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Lower back