Smith Sumo Deadlift
Smith Sumo Deadlift Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Place your hands on the barbell with an overhand grip, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips, keeping your back straight and your chest up.
- Engage your core and lift the barbell off the ground, driving through your heels.
- As you lift the barbell, keep your back straight and your chest up.
- Once you reach a standing position, pause for a moment and then lower the barbell back down to the ground, keeping your back straight and your chest up.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Smith Sumo Deadlift Form & Visual
Smith Sumo Deadlift Benefits
- Strengthens core muscles
- Improves balance and stability
- Engages upper body muscles, including arms, shoulders, and chest
- Increases flexibility in hips and lower back
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Helps to prevent lower back pain
- Improves overall posture
- Can be done anywhere without equipment
Smith Sumo Deadlift Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
Smith Sumo Deadlift Variations & Alternatives
- conventional deadlift
- trap bar deadlift
- single-leg deadlift
- stiff-legged deadlift