Dumbbell Single Arm Floor Press
Dumbbell Single Arm Floor Press Instructions
- Start by lying on your back on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand with your palm facing towards your feet.
- Extend your arm straight up towards the ceiling, keeping your elbow locked out.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell towards your chest, keeping your elbow close to your body.
- Pause when your elbow touches the ground, then press the dumbbell back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch arms and repeat on the other side.
Dumbbell Single Arm Floor Press Form & Visual
Dumbbell Single Arm Floor Press Benefits
- Targets chest, triceps, and shoulders
- Improves upper body strength and stability
- Can be done with minimal equipment (just a dumbbell and a floor)
- Allows for unilateral training, which can help correct muscle imbalances
- Engages core muscles for added stability and balance
Dumbbell Single Arm Floor Press Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Triceps brachii
- Anterior deltoid
- Core muscles (rectus abdominis, obliques)
Dumbbell Single Arm Floor Press Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Single Arm Bench Press
- Dumbbell Single Arm Incline Press
- Dumbbell Single Arm Decline Press
- Dumbbell Single Arm Fly
- Dumbbell Single Arm Pullover