Dumbbell Overhead Squat
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell overhead while performing a squat. It targets the legs, core, and shoulders, and can improve overall strength and stability. It requires proper form and control to avoid injury.
Dumbbell Overhead Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Extend your arms straight up above your head, keeping your palms facing forward.
- Lower your body down into a squat position, keeping your back straight and your knees behind your toes.
- As you squat down, keep your arms extended above your head and your palms facing forward.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the squat, then slowly stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Overhead Squat Form & Visual
Dumbbell Overhead Squat Benefits
- Improves overall strength and stability in the lower body
- Targets the quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and core muscles
- Increases shoulder mobility and stability
- Improves balance and coordination
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
Dumbbell Overhead Squat Muscles Worked