Dumbbell Lying Single Extension
Dumbbell Lying Single Extension Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back on a bench or mat with your feet flat on the ground and your knees bent.
- Hold a dumbbell in one hand with your arm extended straight up towards the ceiling.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell towards your head, keeping your elbow in a fixed position.
- Pause when the dumbbell is just above your head, then slowly raise it back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps, then switch arms and repeat on the other side.
Dumbbell Lying Single Extension Form & Visual
Dumbbell Lying Single Extension Benefits
- Targets the triceps muscles, helping to build strength and definition in the arms
- Can be done with a relatively light weight, making it accessible for beginners
- Helps to improve overall upper body strength and stability
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the weight or the angle of the arm
- Can be done at home or in the gym with just a set of dumbbells
Dumbbell Lying Single Extension Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
Dumbbell Lying Single Extension Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Lying Double Extension
- Dumbbell Seated Single Extension
- Dumbbell Seated Double Extension
- Dumbbell Standing Single Extension
- Dumbbell Standing Double Extension
- Dumbbell Overhead Single Extension
- Dumbbell Overhead Double Extension