This exercise involves stretching the triceps muscle, which is located on the back of the upper arm. It can be done by reaching one arm overhead and bending the elbow so that the hand reaches towards the opposite shoulder blade, then gently pulling the elbow with the other hand. This stretch can help improve flexibility and reduce tension in the triceps muscle.
Triceps Stretch Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Take your right arm and lift it straight up, bending it at the elbow so that your hand is behind your head.
- Take your left hand and place it on your right elbow, gently pulling your right arm towards your left shoulder.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, feeling the stretch in your triceps muscle.
- Release the stretch and repeat on the other side.
Triceps Stretch Form & Visual
Triceps Stretch Benefits
- Helps to improve flexibility and range of motion in the triceps muscle.
- Reduces the risk of injury in the triceps muscle and surrounding areas.
- Relieves tension and tightness in the triceps muscle.
- Can be done anywhere without any equipment.
- May help to improve posture and reduce shoulder pain.
Triceps Stretch Muscles Worked
Triceps Stretch Variations & Alternatives
- Standing Triceps Stretch
- Seated Triceps Stretch
- Overhead Triceps Stretch
- Doorway Triceps Stretch
- One-Arm Triceps Stretch