Dumbbell Low Fly
Dumbbell Low Fly Instructions
- Start by lying on a flat bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground and your head resting at the end of the bench.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other and your arms extended straight up above your chest.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells out to the sides of your body, keeping your arms straight and your palms facing up.
- Lower the dumbbells until your arms are parallel to the ground or until you feel a stretch in your chest muscles.
- Pause for a moment, then slowly raise the dumbbells back up to the starting position, keeping your arms straight and your palms facing each other.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Low Fly Form & Visual
Dumbbell Low Fly Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles, specifically the lower portion
- Helps to improve overall chest definition and shape
- Can be done with a variety of weights to increase or decrease intensity
- Engages the stabilizer muscles in the shoulders and arms
- Can be done at home or in the gym with minimal equipment
Dumbbell Low Fly Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (anterior deltoids)