Dumbbell Incline Fly
This exercise involves lying on an incline bench and holding dumbbells in each hand. The arms are then extended out to the sides, parallel to the ground, and then brought back together in a hugging motion. This exercise primarily targets the chest muscles.
Dumbbell Incline Fly Instructions
- Start by lying on an incline bench with your feet flat on the ground and your head resting at the top of the bench.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other and your arms extended above your chest.
- Slowly lower the dumbbells out to the sides, keeping a slight bend in your elbows, until your arms are parallel to the ground.
- Pause for a moment, then slowly bring the dumbbells back up to the starting position, squeezing your chest muscles as you do so.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Dumbbell Incline Fly Form & Visual
Dumbbell Incline Fly Benefits
- Targets the chest muscles, specifically the upper portion
- Helps to increase chest strength and size
- Improves shoulder stability and mobility
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and balance
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight of the dumbbells
Dumbbell Incline Fly Muscles Worked
- Chest muscles (pectoralis major and minor)
- Shoulder muscles (anterior deltoids)
- Triceps brachii