Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise
Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise Instructions
- Start by lying on an incline bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing down and your arms extended straight out to the sides.
- Slowly raise the dumbbells up towards the ceiling, keeping your arms straight and your palms facing down.
- Pause at the top of the movement and then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise Form & Visual
Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise Benefits
- Targets the anterior (front) deltoids, which are responsible for shoulder flexion and horizontal shoulder adduction
- Improves shoulder strength and stability
- Helps to prevent shoulder injuries
- Can be performed with a variety of weights to increase or decrease intensity
- Can be easily modified for individuals with shoulder limitations or injuries
- Engages the core muscles for added stability and balance
Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise Muscles Worked
- Anterior deltoid
- Medial deltoid
- Upper trapezius
- Clavicular head of pectoralis major