Barbell Incline Shoulder Raise
Barbell Incline Shoulder Raise Instructions
- Start by lying on an incline bench with your feet flat on the ground and your back firmly against the bench.
- Grasp the barbell with an overhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Slowly raise the barbell up towards the ceiling, keeping your arms straight and your elbows slightly bent.
- Pause at the top of the movement, then slowly lower the barbell back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell Incline Shoulder Raise Form & Visual
Barbell Incline Shoulder Raise Benefits
- Targets the anterior (front) deltoids, which are responsible for shoulder flexion and horizontal shoulder adduction
- Improves shoulder strength and stability
- Can help prevent shoulder injuries by strengthening the muscles that support the joint
- Engages the trapezius and serratus anterior muscles, which assist in shoulder movement and stability
- Can be modified to target different areas of the shoulder by adjusting the angle of the bench
Barbell Incline Shoulder Raise Muscles Worked
- Anterior deltoid
- Upper pectoralis major
- Triceps brachii
- Serratus anterior
Barbell Incline Shoulder Raise Variations & Alternatives
- Dumbbell Incline Shoulder Raise
- Machine Incline Shoulder Raise
- Cable Incline Shoulder Raise
- Resistance Band Incline Shoulder Raise
- Plate Incline Shoulder Raise