Dumbbell Front Squat
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height and performing a squat. It targets the lower body muscles, including the quads, hamstrings, and glutes, while also engaging the core and upper body.
Dumbbell Front Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand at shoulder height, palms facing inward.
- Squat down by bending your knees and pushing your hips back, keeping your chest up and your back straight.
- Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Push through your heels to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Front Squat Form & Visual
Dumbbell Front Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and core
- Improves overall lower body strength and stability
- Can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting weight and depth of squat
- Increases functional strength for everyday activities such as lifting and carrying objects
- Can be done with minimal equipment and in a variety of settings
Dumbbell Front Squat Muscles Worked