Cable Front Squat
This exercise involves holding a cable in front of the body while performing a squat. The cable provides resistance and helps to engage the core and upper body muscles. It is a great exercise for building lower body strength and improving overall stability.
Cable Front Squat Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Hold the cable handles with an overhand grip and bring them up to your shoulders, keeping your elbows pointed forward.
- Engage your core and lower your body down into a squat, keeping your back straight and your knees in line with your toes.
- Pause at the bottom of the squat and then push through your heels to stand back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Cable Front Squat Form & Visual
Cable Front Squat Benefits
- Targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes for overall leg strength and development
- Engages the core muscles for stability and balance
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional barbell squats
- Reduces stress on the lower back and knees
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight and cable height
Cable Front Squat Muscles Worked