Dumbbell Alternate Front Raise
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell in each hand and raising one arm at a time in front of the body until it is parallel to the ground, then lowering it back down and repeating with the other arm. It primarily targets the shoulders and can be done standing or seated.
Dumbbell Alternate Front Raise Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing your thighs.
- Keeping your arms straight, lift one dumbbell up to shoulder height while exhaling.
- Lower the dumbbell back down to your thigh while inhaling.
- Repeat with the other arm.
- Continue alternating arms for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Alternate Front Raise Form & Visual
Dumbbell Alternate Front Raise Benefits
- Strengthens shoulder muscles
- Improves shoulder stability
- Increases upper body strength
- Engages core muscles for stability
- Can be done with minimal equipment
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
Dumbbell Alternate Front Raise Muscles Worked
- Anterior deltoid
- Lateral deltoid
- Biceps brachii
Dumbbell Alternate Front Raise Variations & Alternatives