Dips Between Chairs
This exercise involves using two chairs placed parallel to each other and dipping down between them to work the triceps muscles. The movement involves lowering the body down towards the ground and then pushing back up using the arms. It is a bodyweight exercise that can be done at home or in the gym.
Dips Between Chairs Instructions
- Place two sturdy chairs parallel to each other, with the seats facing outward.
- Stand between the chairs and place your hands on the seats, with your fingers facing forward.
- Step your feet forward so that your body is at a slight angle, with your arms straight.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body down towards the ground, keeping your back straight.
- Push through your hands to straighten your arms and lift your body back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for desired number of reps.
Dips Between Chairs Form & Visual
Dips Between Chairs Benefits
- Targets triceps, chest, and shoulders
- Can be done at home with minimal equipment
- Improves upper body strength and endurance
- Can be modified to increase or decrease difficulty
- Helps with pushing movements in other exercises
Dips Between Chairs Muscles Worked
Dips Between Chairs Variations & Alternatives
- Weighted dips
- Assisted dips (using a resistance band or machine)
- Tricep dips (with hands close together on the chair)
- Single-leg dips (lifting one leg off the ground)
- Decline dips (feet elevated on another chair or bench)