The Diamond Press exercise, also known as the Diamond Push-Up, is a variation of the standard push-up that targets the chest, triceps, and shoulders, with a particular emphasis on the inner chest and tricep muscles. The exercise is performed by placing the hands close together in a diamond shape, positioning the thumbs and index fingers to touch each other. By using this hand placement, the range of motion is altered, increasing the demand on the targeted muscles. Diamond Press is a popular bodyweight exercise, often incorporated into upper body strength training and calisthenics workouts.
Diamond Press Instructions
- Place the Diamond Press on a flat surface.
- Select the die and material you want to use for your project.
- Place the material on the cutting plate.
- Place the die on top of the material, with the cutting edge facing down.
- Add the second cutting plate on top of the die.
- Insert the stack into the Diamond Press, with the handle facing towards you.
- Turn the handle clockwise until the stack is fully through the machine.
- Remove the cutting plates and carefully remove the material from the die.
- Your shape should now be cut and ready to use for your project!
Diamond Press Form & Visual
Diamond Press Benefits
- Targets the triceps, chest, and shoulders
- Increases upper body strength and muscle definition
- Improves overall pushing power
- Can be done with dumbbells or a barbell
- Engages the core for added stability
Diamond Press Muscles Worked
- Triceps brachii
- Pectoralis major
- Anterior deltoids