Crocodile Yoga Pose
This exercise involves lying on your stomach and lifting your upper body off the ground while keeping your legs and lower body on the ground. Your arms are extended out in front of you, resembling the posture of a crocodile. This pose helps to strengthen the back muscles and improve posture.
Crocodile Yoga Pose Instructions
- Start in a tabletop position with your hands and knees on the ground.
- Extend your right leg straight back behind you, keeping your toes on the ground.
- Slowly lift your right leg up, keeping it straight, until it is parallel to the ground.
- At the same time, lift your left arm straight out in front of you, also parallel to the ground.
- Hold this position for a few breaths, engaging your core and keeping your gaze forward.
- Lower your right leg and left arm back down to the ground.
- Repeat on the other side, extending your left leg back and lifting your right arm.
Crocodile Yoga Pose Form & Visual
Crocodile Yoga Pose Benefits
- Strengthens the arms, shoulders, and core muscles
- Stretches the chest, hips, and thighs
- Improves balance and coordination
- Increases flexibility in the spine
- Relieves stress and tension in the body
- Can help improve digestion and relieve constipation
Crocodile Yoga Pose Muscles Worked
- Abdominal muscles
- Back muscles
- Shoulder muscles
- Chest muscles
- Arm muscles
- Leg muscles