Cable Standing Lift
This exercise involves standing with a cable machine and lifting the cable up towards your body, targeting the shoulders and upper back muscles. It can be performed with various attachments and at different angles to vary the intensity and focus of the exercise.
Cable Standing Lift Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Hold the cable handle with both hands in front of your body, palms facing down.
- Engage your core and keep your back straight.
- Slowly lift the cable up and out in front of you, keeping your arms straight and your hands at shoulder height.
- Hold for a few seconds, then slowly lower the cable back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Cable Standing Lift Form & Visual
Cable Standing Lift Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including shoulders, triceps, and upper back
- Improves overall upper body strength and stability
- Can be easily adjusted to accommodate different fitness levels and goals
- Helps to improve posture and reduce the risk of injury
- Provides a low-impact workout that is easy on the joints
Cable Standing Lift Muscles Worked
- Shoulders (deltoids)
- Upper back (trapezius)
- Arms (biceps and triceps)
- Core (abdominals and lower back)
- Legs (quadriceps and glutes)
Cable Standing Lift Variations & Alternatives
- Cable Standing Lift with One Arm
- Cable Standing Lift with Two Arms
- Cable Standing Lift with Alternating Arms
- Cable Standing Lift with Resistance Band
- Cable Standing Lift with Twist