Barbell High Bar Squat
Barbell High Bar Squat Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing slightly outward.
- Place the barbell on your upper back, resting it on your traps and shoulders.
- Grasp the barbell with both hands, keeping your elbows pointed down and your wrists straight.
- Inhale deeply and brace your core.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips, keeping your back straight and your chest up.
- Continue descending until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Pause briefly at the bottom of the squat.
- Exhale forcefully and push through your heels to stand back up.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Barbell High Bar Squat Form & Visual
Barbell High Bar Squat Benefits
- Targets multiple muscle groups including quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and lower back
- Improves overall lower body strength and power
- Increases bone density and joint stability
- Can improve athletic performance in sports such as basketball, football, and track and field
- Can help with weight loss and body composition changes
- Can improve posture and balance
Barbell High Bar Squat Muscles Worked
- Lower back