Cable Standing Hip Extension
Cable Standing Hip Extension Instructions
- Attach a cable to a low pulley and stand facing the machine.
- Place the ankle cuff around your right ankle and step back a few feet to create tension in the cable.
- Place your hands on your hips and stand with your feet hip-width apart.
- Engage your core and glutes and lift your right leg straight back behind you, keeping it in line with your body.
- Pause at the top of the movement and squeeze your glutes.
- Lower your leg back down to the starting position and repeat for the desired number of reps.
- Switch sides and repeat the exercise with your left leg.
Cable Standing Hip Extension Form & Visual
Cable Standing Hip Extension Benefits
- Targets the gluteus maximus muscle, which is the largest muscle in the buttocks and responsible for hip extension and external rotation.
- Improves hip stability and balance, which can help prevent injuries and improve athletic performance.
- Can be easily modified by adjusting the weight and cable height to accommodate different fitness levels and goals.
- Engages the core muscles, including the rectus abdominis and obliques, to maintain proper form and stability during the exercise.
- Can be performed in a variety of settings, including at home or in a gym, using a cable machine or resistance band.
Cable Standing Hip Extension Muscles Worked
- Gluteus Maximus
- Erector Spinae