This exercise involves lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. A partner or trainer will hold your feet down as you perform a sit-up, using their assistance to help you lift your upper body off the ground. This exercise targets the abdominal muscles.
Assisted Sit-up Instructions
- Start by lying flat on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Have a partner or use a resistance band to anchor your feet to the ground.
- Place your hands behind your head with your elbows out to the sides.
- Engage your core and lift your upper body off the ground, bringing your elbows towards your knees.
- Lower your upper body back down to the ground with control.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Assisted Sit-up Form & Visual
Assisted Sit-up Benefits
- Strengthens triceps muscles
- Improves upper body strength
- Targets the chest and shoulders as well
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Assisted version allows for proper form and reduces risk of injury
Assisted Sit-up Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Hip flexors
Assisted Sit-up Variations & Alternatives
- weighted sit-up
- decline sit-up
- medicine ball sit-up
- Russian twist
- reverse crunches
- bicycle crunches
- side plank
- mountain climbers