Straight Leg Dead Bug
This exercise involves lying on your back with your arms and legs extended towards the ceiling. You then lower your opposite arm and leg towards the ground while keeping your core engaged and your lower back pressed into the floor. This exercise helps to strengthen the core and improve stability.
Straight Leg Dead Bug Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your arms extended towards the ceiling and your legs straight up in the air.
- Slowly lower your right arm and left leg towards the ground, keeping them straight and hovering just above the floor.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with your left arm and right leg.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
- Make sure to keep your lower back pressed into the ground and engage your core throughout the exercise.
Straight Leg Dead Bug Form & Visual
Straight Leg Dead Bug Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the rectus abdominis, obliques, and transverse abdominis
- Improves stability and balance
- Helps to prevent lower back pain by strengthening the muscles that support the spine
- Increases flexibility in the hamstrings and hip flexors
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
Straight Leg Dead Bug Muscles Worked
- Rectus Abdominis
- Transverse Abdominis
- Erector Spinae