Kettlebell Dead Bug
This exercise involves lying on your back with a kettlebell held above your chest, while simultaneously extending your opposite arm and leg away from your body. The goal is to maintain stability and control throughout the movement, engaging your core muscles.
Kettlebell Dead Bug Instructions
- Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Hold a kettlebell in your right hand and extend your right arm straight up towards the ceiling.
- Extend your left leg straight out and hover it just above the ground.
- Engage your core and slowly lower your right arm and left leg towards the ground, keeping them hovering just above the floor.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, holding the kettlebell in your left hand and extending your left arm and right leg.
- Continue alternating sides for the desired number of repetitions.
Kettlebell Dead Bug Form & Visual
Kettlebell Dead Bug Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles, including the abs, obliques, and lower back
- Improves stability and balance
- Increases overall body strength and power
- Helps to prevent lower back pain and injury
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Engages multiple muscle groups at once for a more efficient workout
- Can be done with minimal equipment and space
Kettlebell Dead Bug Muscles Worked
- Rectus abdominis
- Erector spinae