- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Take a deep breath in and raise your arms above your head, keeping them straight and shoulder-width apart.
- As you exhale, bend forward at the waist and lower your torso towards the ground, keeping your back straight.
- Place your hands on the ground in front of you and walk them forward until your body is in a plank position.
- Hold the plank position for a few seconds, then lower your body to the ground, keeping your elbows close to your sides.
- Push your body up off the ground, straightening your arms and returning to the plank position.
- Walk your hands back towards your feet and slowly roll your body up to a standing position.
- Lower your arms back down to your sides and repeat the exercise for several repetitions.
Sphinx Form & Visual
- Strengthens the muscles in the chest, shoulders, and triceps
- Improves posture and stability in the upper body
- Increases flexibility in the spine and hips
- Stimulates the digestive system and improves circulation
- Can help alleviate stress and anxiety
Sphinx Muscles Worked
- Erector spinae
- Latissimus dorsi
Sphinx Variations & Alternatives
- Sphynx cat
- Sphinx moth
- The Great Sphinx of Giza
- Sphinx (mythology)