Smith Drag Curl
Smith Drag Curl Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold a barbell with an underhand grip, hands shoulder-width apart.
- Start with the barbell at your thighs, palms facing up.
- Bend your elbows and curl the barbell up towards your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body.
- As you curl the barbell up, lift your elbows up and back, squeezing your shoulder blades together.
- Pause at the top of the curl, then slowly lower the barbell back down to your thighs.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps.
Smith Drag Curl Form & Visual
Smith Drag Curl Benefits
- Targets the biceps brachii muscle
- Allows for a greater range of motion compared to traditional bicep curls
- Engages the brachialis muscle, which can help increase overall arm size and strength
- Can be performed with heavier weights due to the support of the Smith machine
- Helps improve grip strength and forearm endurance
Smith Drag Curl Muscles Worked
- Biceps brachii
Smith Drag Curl Variations & Alternatives
- Reverse Smith Drag Curl
- Smith Preacher Curl
- Smith Close-Grip Curl
- Smith Wide-Grip Curl
- Smith Incline Curl