Smith Chair Squat
This exercise involves sitting on a Smith machine with a chair and performing squats. The chair provides support and stability while the Smith machine allows for controlled movement. It targets the lower body muscles, particularly the glutes, quads, and hamstrings.
Smith Chair Squat Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- Hold a chair in front of you with both hands, keeping your arms straight.
- Slowly lower your body down into a squat position, keeping your back straight and your knees behind your toes.
- Pause for a moment at the bottom of the squat, then slowly rise back up to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Smith Chair Squat Form & Visual
Smith Chair Squat Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves balance and stability
- Targets the core muscles, including the abdominals and lower back
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and abilities
- Allows for proper form and technique with the assistance of the Smith machine
Smith Chair Squat Muscles Worked
Smith Chair Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Smith Machine Squat
- Chair Squat with Dumbbells
- Single Leg Smith Machine Squat
- Chair Squat with Resistance Bands
- Smith Machine Front Squat