Bodyweight Wall Squat
This exercise involves standing with your back against a wall and slowly lowering yourself into a squat position while keeping your back flat against the wall. It is a bodyweight exercise that targets the muscles in your legs and glutes.
Bodyweight Wall Squat Instructions
- Stand with your back against a wall, with your feet shoulder-width apart and about 6 inches away from the wall.
- Slowly slide down the wall until your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle and your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Hold this position for 30-60 seconds, or as long as you can.
- Slowly slide back up the wall to the starting position.
- Repeat for 10-15 repetitions.
Bodyweight Wall Squat Form & Visual
Bodyweight Wall Squat Benefits
- Strengthens the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves lower body endurance
- Increases hip and ankle mobility
- Improves posture and balance
- Can be done anywhere with a wall for support
- Low impact exercise, reducing risk of injury
Bodyweight Wall Squat Muscles Worked
Bodyweight Wall Squat Variations & Alternatives
- Bodyweight Wall Squat with Calf Raise
- Bodyweight Wall Squat with Overhead Reach
- Bodyweight Wall Squat with Leg Lift
- Bodyweight Wall Squat with Side Leg Lift
- Bodyweight Wall Squat with Knee Drive