Dumbbell Wall Squat
This exercise involves holding a dumbbell against a wall while performing squats. It targets the lower body muscles, including the quads, glutes, and hamstrings, while also engaging the core. It can be modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the weight of the dumbbell and the depth of the squat.
Dumbbell Wall Squat Instructions
- Stand with your back against a wall, holding a dumbbell in each hand at your sides.
- Step your feet out about shoulder-width apart and slightly in front of your body.
- Lower your body down into a squat position, keeping your back against the wall and your knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Hold the squat position for a few seconds, then push back up to a standing position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
Dumbbell Wall Squat Form & Visual
Dumbbell Wall Squat Benefits
- Strengthens the lower body muscles, including the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves balance and stability
- Increases core strength and engages the abdominal muscles
- Can be modified to accommodate different fitness levels and abilities
- Requires minimal equipment and can be done at home or in a gym
Dumbbell Wall Squat Muscles Worked