Reverse Plank on Elbows
This exercise involves sitting on the ground with your legs extended in front of you and your hands placed behind your hips. From there, you lift your hips off the ground and hold the position for a set amount of time. This exercise targets the core, glutes, and upper body.
Reverse Plank on Elbows Instructions
- Start by sitting on the floor with your legs extended in front of you.
- Place your hands on the floor behind you, fingers pointing towards your feet.
- Press your hands and feet into the ground, lifting your hips up towards the ceiling.
- Bend your elbows and lower your forearms to the ground, keeping your shoulders down and away from your ears.
- Engage your core and glutes to keep your body in a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Hold the position for 30-60 seconds, breathing deeply.
- To release, lower your hips back down to the ground and come back to a seated position.
Reverse Plank on Elbows Form & Visual
Reverse Plank on Elbows Benefits
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Improves posture
- Increases flexibility in the shoulders and hips
- Stretches the chest and shoulders
- Improves balance and stability
- Can help alleviate lower back pain
Reverse Plank on Elbows Muscles Worked