Ski Step Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Step your right foot diagonally behind your left foot, as if you were taking a step while skiing.
- As you step your right foot back, swing your left arm forward and your right arm back, as if you were holding ski poles.
- Step your left foot diagonally behind your right foot, while swinging your right arm forward and your left arm back.
- Continue alternating steps and arm swings, as if you were skiing down a slope.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions or time.
Ski Step Form & Visual
Ski Step Benefits
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- Strengthens lower body muscles, including quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes
- Improves balance and coordination
- Increases agility and speed
- Can be done with or without equipment, making it a versatile exercise option
Ski Step Muscles Worked
- Core muscles
Ski Step Variations & Alternatives
- Side-to-side ski step
- Single-leg ski step
- Weighted ski step
- Jumping ski step
- Reverse ski step