Side Lying Scissors
The Side Lying Scissors exercise involves lying on your side and lifting your legs up and down in a scissor-like motion. This exercise targets the inner and outer thighs, as well as the core muscles. It can be modified to increase or decrease the intensity by adjusting the height of the legs or adding resistance.
Side Lying Scissors Instructions
- Start by lying on your side with your legs straight and stacked on top of each other.
- Place your bottom arm out in front of you for support and your top hand on your hip.
- Engage your core and lift your top leg up towards the ceiling, keeping it straight.
- Lower your leg back down to meet your bottom leg, but don’t let it touch.
- Repeat this movement for 10-15 reps, then switch sides and repeat on the other side.
Side Lying Scissors Form & Visual
Side Lying Scissors Benefits
- Targets the inner and outer thighs
- Improves hip stability and mobility
- Strengthens the core muscles
- Can be modified for different fitness levels
- Can be done without equipment
Side Lying Scissors Muscles Worked
- Transverse Abdominis
- Hip Flexors
Side Lying Scissors Variations & Alternatives
- Side Lying Leg Lifts
- Side Lying Clamshells
- Side Lying Inner Thigh Lifts
- Side Lying Bicycle Crunches
- Side Lying Hip Abduction