Resistance Band Clam
The resistance band clam exercise involves placing a resistance band around the thighs and lying on one side with knees bent. The top knee is then lifted while keeping the feet together, engaging the glute muscles. This exercise helps to strengthen the hips and improve stability.
Resistance Band Clam Instructions
- Place the resistance band around your thighs, just above your knees.
- Lie on your side with your knees bent at a 90-degree angle and your feet together.
- Keeping your feet together, lift your top knee as high as you can without moving your pelvis or lower back.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the movement, then slowly lower your knee back down to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch sides and repeat the exercise with your other leg.
Resistance Band Clam Form & Visual
Resistance Band Clam Benefits
- Strengthens the gluteus medius muscle, which helps with hip stability and balance
- Improves overall lower body strength and power
- Can help alleviate lower back pain by improving hip mobility and stability
- Can be done anywhere with a resistance band, making it a convenient exercise for travel or at-home workouts
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels by adjusting the resistance band tension
Resistance Band Clam Muscles Worked
- Gluteus medius
- Gluteus minimus