Resistance Band Leg Extension
This exercise involves attaching a resistance band to a stable object and looping it around one ankle. The leg is then extended straight out, against the resistance of the band, before being lowered back down. This exercise targets the quadriceps muscles in the front of the thigh.
Resistance Band Leg Extension Instructions
- Attach the resistance band to a sturdy anchor point, such as a door or pole.
- Secure the other end of the band around your ankle.
- Stand facing the anchor point with your feet hip-width apart.
- Shift your weight onto one leg and lift the other leg straight out in front of you, keeping it parallel to the ground.
- Slowly extend your lifted leg out in front of you, stretching the resistance band as you do so.
- Hold the extension for a few seconds, then slowly release and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions, then switch legs and repeat the exercise on the other side.
Resistance Band Leg Extension Form & Visual
Resistance Band Leg Extension Benefits
- Strengthens quadriceps muscles
- Improves knee stability and balance
- Targets specific muscle groups without putting stress on joints
- Can be done anywhere with a resistance band
- Can be easily modified for different fitness levels
Resistance Band Leg Extension Muscles Worked