Kneeling Hip Flexor
This exercise involves kneeling on one knee while keeping the other foot flat on the ground in front of you. You then lean forward, stretching the hip flexor muscles in the kneeling leg. This exercise can help improve flexibility and reduce tightness in the hip flexors.
Kneeling Hip Flexor Instructions
- Start by kneeling on the ground with one knee on the floor and the other foot in front of you, with the knee bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Engage your core and glutes to maintain a stable position.
- Slowly shift your weight forward, keeping your back straight, until you feel a stretch in the hip flexor of the kneeling leg.
- Hold the stretch for 15-30 seconds, then release and switch legs.
- Repeat for 2-3 sets on each leg.
Kneeling Hip Flexor Form & Visual
Kneeling Hip Flexor Benefits
- Improves hip flexibility and mobility
- Stretches the hip flexor muscles
- Reduces lower back pain
- Improves posture and balance
- Increases range of motion in the hips
- Can help prevent hip and knee injuries
Kneeling Hip Flexor Muscles Worked
- Rectus femoris