This exercise involves swinging a kettlebell around the body in a circular motion, passing it from one hand to the other behind the back. It targets the core, shoulders, and arms while also improving coordination and grip strength.
Kettlebell Slingshot Instructions
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the kettlebell with both hands in front of your body.
- Swing the kettlebell around your body in a circular motion, passing it behind your back and then back to the front.
- As you swing the kettlebell, keep your core engaged and your arms straight.
- Repeat the circular motion in the opposite direction.
- Continue to alternate directions for the desired number of repetitions.
Kettlebell Slingshot Form & Visual
Kettlebell Slingshot Benefits
- Improves mobility and flexibility in the shoulders and upper back
- Increases blood flow and circulation in the targeted muscles
- Strengthens the muscles in the arms, shoulders, and upper back
- Helps to improve grip strength and wrist stability
- Can be used as a warm-up exercise before more intense workouts
- Can be modified to increase or decrease the difficulty level
Kettlebell Slingshot Muscles Worked
- Abdominal muscles
- Oblique muscles
- Shoulder muscles
- Arm muscles
- Back muscles
- Leg muscles (depending on stance)