Kettlebell Double Jerk
This exercise involves holding a kettlebell in each hand and performing a double jerk movement, which involves bending the knees and explosively pushing the kettlebells overhead while simultaneously dropping into a partial squat. The movement is then reversed to return to the starting position. This exercise targets the shoulders, triceps, and legs.
Kettlebell Double Jerk Instructions
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and holding a kettlebell in each hand at shoulder height.
- Bend your knees slightly and engage your core.
- Push your hips back and lower into a squat position.
- As you rise up from the squat, use the momentum to press the kettlebells overhead.
- Lower the kettlebells back down to shoulder height as you lower back into the squat position.
- As you rise up from the squat again, use the momentum to press the kettlebells overhead once more.
- Lower the kettlebells back down to shoulder height and repeat the exercise for the desired number of reps.
Kettlebell Double Jerk Form & Visual
Kettlebell Double Jerk Benefits
- Improves cardiovascular endurance
- Increases strength and power in the legs, glutes, shoulders, and arms
- Enhances coordination and balance
- Burns a high number of calories in a short amount of time
- Can be modified for different fitness levels and goals
- Engages multiple muscle groups at once for efficient and effective workouts
Kettlebell Double Jerk Muscles Worked